Nowadays there is a lot of pollution in advanced metro cities in India and also the purity level is drastically reducing in areas with higher traffic density and industrial zones. So it is quite obvious that people have started looking for the Best Air Purifiers in India to install in their homes, other living areas, and office premises. Here in this article, we provide you an in-depth review of top-quality air purifiers under budget. All these suggested best air purifiers have proven well in terms of their quality and consumer satisfaction.
Before we begin with, let us understand what is an air purifier. They are the smart devices that accept the pollutant air inside them and process it to various stages, remove harmful particles to all the possible extent, and deliver fresh clean, and pure air within the premises. Air purifiers are best suitable for reducing allergy symptoms, asthma, and other health issues in people. And the fresh air helps us to achieve peace of mind and breathing comfort.
Air purifiers can remove harmful air ingredients, toxic elements from sprays and pesticides, cleaning supplies, bacterias, viruses, and smoke particles. Before, purchasing an air purifier you should have clarity in mind about room size, budget, and performance expectations. This article will help you to find out the best air purifiers which will not only remove all the harmful substances from the air but also deliver you peace of mind and comfort breathing inside the living room.
Things to consider before buying
Air purifiers do just as the title suggests: they clear the air at home, extract dust, pollen, small hairs along other contaminants and domestic fragrances. They are vital cleaning tool for your home – after all, you’re spending all that time vacuuming and spraying dust, all of it will emit dirt and dust to the air in which you breathe, and cleaning up the air around you is just as crucial as cleaning up the surfaces. Following are some essential guidelines to consider before buying an air purifier for your room.
- What is your room size? Usually, air purifiers are installed in Living rooms and bedrooms. So, normally 300 to 500 sq. feet area should be covered by the air purifier model. It should be able to deliver fresh and clean air throughout the living area.
- What is your budget? Most of the bestselling air purifiers are available between 6k to 15-20K range. You should have certain performance expectations and a budget overview before selecting the right air purifier model for you.
- If you are going to hang an air purifier to the wall, make sure it comes with wall-hanging support. Otherwise, you can always place them on the table or floor.
- Consider buying a high-quality air purifier equipped with HEPA filters (High-Efficiency Particulate Air), which ensures that at least 99% dust, pollen, mold, bacteria, and other airborne particles.
- Most of the advanced air purifiers are now equipped with the Smart apps and Alexa support, obviously at a higher price side. But please remember, air purifiers are made for cleaning the air, and there shouldn’t be a compromise in that aspect.
- Are pre-filters inside air purifiers washable? Because, washable pre-filter removes larger dust particles, pet hair/dander, soil, etc. So we need to remove and clean them very often.
5 best air purifiers in India
1. Coway Sleek Pro Professional Air-Purifier
Coway is the best air purifier brand in India. It has received worldwide popularity due to its unique technology, award-winning design, and user-friendly range of Air Purifiers. Special Green Anti-Virus HEPA Filter traps 99.99% of Allergens, Bacteria & Viruses. Coway’s smart pollution sensor represents indoor air quality in real-time through Intuitive Colors.
- Smart design ensures an innovative flow path for high efficiency (better reach and maximum airflow).
- Slim design to blend anywhere.
- A unique HEPA Filter made of Japanese Gingko Leaves and Sumac Trees, which has a unique property to destroy protein on the surface of the virus.
- A smart pollution sensor represents real-time Indoor Air Quality through Intuitive Colors. AUTO MODE: Automatically Adjust Speed based on Air Quality. TURBO MODE: Quick Cleaning of Room
- Supply: 230V 50Hz, Power: 38 Watts
- Noise: 22-49 dB, Gross Weight: 7.50 Kg
- 5 Years Warranty on Motor, 1 Year Warranty on Product
- COVERAGE AREA: 355 sq. ft / 33 sq. metres
2. Philips AC1215/20 Air purifier
Philips is one of the best air purifier brands in India. It offers a boosted clean air delivery rate up to 270 m3/hr. It can effectively remove ultra-fine particles. Also, it filters out harmful gases such as formaldehyde and TVOC. Indoor PM2.5 levels can increase far above local guidelines because of outdoor pollution or daily activities like cooking, cleaning, etc.
The smart air sensor can detect PM2.5 levels and boost the air purifier’s speed to deal with the pollution. Night sensing mode is developed especially for your bedroom; The air purifier rapidly prepares your bedroom air for sleep and constantly monitors your bedroom air quality, delivering clean air while you sleep. The dimmed and/or switched off lights and the low sound help you and your family sleep better.
The healthy air protects alert lets you know promptly when it is time to replace the filter. If the filter is not replaced promptly, the appliance stops functioning – to avoid ineffective purification. So you are assured of healthier air always. The color ring on the dashboard provides a clear view of air quality by 4-step color, ranging from blue (good allergen & particle level) to red (bad allergen & particle level). The extra thick NanoProtect HEPA is designed for superior purification efficiency and lifetime against airborne particles.
- Vitashield Intelligent purification automatically senses air quality and products
- Purifies a standard room in just 12 minutes with a CADR of 270 m3/hour
- 4 Stage Filtration process through pre-filter, activated carbon filter & double layered H13 Grade TRUE HEPA Filter
- 4-color air quality indicator gives real-time air quality feedback,
- Removes 99.90% bacteria and viruses, tested to remove airborne H1N1 virus
- Removes 99.99% pollen and house dust mites, Allergy-friendly quality tested by ECARF
- 100% Ozone free and natural filtration
- Recommended room area: 226-333 sq ft.
- Effective Filtration Size (in microns) >= 0.02 and for 0.3+ microns is 99.97%, 800 times smaller than PM 2.5
- Packaging: > 90% recycled materials
- Warranty: 2 + 3 years extended warranty worth INR 3000 FREE on product registration
3. Mi Air Purifier 3 with True HEPA Filter and Smart App Connectivity
The Mi Air Purifier 3 is very economical in the segment. It filters air to great quality and circulates in your home. The Mi Air Purifier 3 features a 360-degree intake design which pulls air in through a true HEPA filter, only to expel it out the top. It is ideal for most rooms the size of up to 400 square feet.
- True HEPA Filter with a filtration efficiency of 99.97% for particle size up to 0.3 microns
- OLED touch Display (Shows real-time PM2.5 concentration, Temperature and humidity, Wi-Fi connection, and Working mode)
- Smart app control, Works with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa
- 360 Degree Air intake with 3 Layer Filtration
- High CADR of 380 m3/h
- Effective coverage area up to 484 sqft
- Rated Frequency: 50/60 Hz, Power: 38 watts
- Warranty: 1-year warranty from date of purchase on the main device (excluding filter)
- Includes: Air Purifier, Filter, User Guide, Power cord
4. Atlanta Healthcare Beta 350 Air Purifier with Remote Control
Atlanta Healthcare provides a state of art HEPA Pure air purifier for coverage up to 350 sq.ft. with 7-stage air purification technology that includes pre-filter, HEPA filter, anti-bacterial filter, activated carbon, photocatalyst oxidation, UV light, and ionizer. Ideal for homes, hospitals, guest houses, small offices, hotel rooms, and doctor chambers. A built-in UV lamp eﬀectively kills microorganisms and sterilizes air from bacteria and viruses. The UV light used in the system belongs to UV-C (called germicidal UV) category and has a wavelength of 245nm. Eﬃciency of sterilization is > 97.6%.
It has a timer that can be set for 1 to 12 hours and Manual mode. Also, this machine automatically starts in case of power failure. Additional to the filter change indicator it has an advanced odor sensor with automatic device control (Auto Speed). With advanced ultra-silent motors, this unit is as quiet as it can get at sub-45-decibel noise levels. You won’t hear it, it’s that quiet!
- 7-STAGE air filtration technology with Pre-filter, HEPA filter, anti-bacterial filter, activated carbon, photocatalyst oxidization, UV light, and ionizer. This purifier is ideal for indoor spaces up to 350 sq.ft.
- Purification for dust-free and healthy indoors helps keep indoor air free from dust (PM10, PM2.5), gases, smoke, bad odor, allergens, and air-borne infections.
- Advanced filtration technology. LED Display. Plug & play operation.
- Multi-mode operations. Autostart in case of power failure
- Night mode. Remote Control. Body Material: Plastic. Colour: White.
- Ionizer improves air quality. This generates a high density of ions to provide a forest-fresh environment.
- Air Flow (m3/hr): 225. CADR (m3/hr): 170
Maximum coverage area (sq. ft.): 350. H13 grade HEPA Filter.
- Fan Speed Modes: 3 [Low / Medium / Fast]. Timers: 1 to 12 hours and Manual
Min Noise level (dB): 35. Max Noise level (dB): 45.
- Voltage (Volts): 220. Power: 43 watts. Warranty: 1-year off-site Warranty.
- Includes Main Unit, Remote Control, User Manual, Warranty Card. Air Quality Odor Sensor
5. KENT Aura Room Air Purifier with HEPA Technology
Kent Aura air purifier comes with advanced HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Arrestor) technology which can effectively remove 99.9% of harmful PM 2.5 pollutants from the air. The HEPA filter has an antibacterial coating that kills all the bacteria from the air. An inbuilt ionizer improves the freshness of the air and keeps air in your home fresh at all times.
It comes with an intelligent light sensor to monitor air quality. The activated carbon filters used in the Kent Air purifier can easily remove the foul smell, formaldehyde, cigarette smoke, pet odor, smoke, and other pollutants commonly found at homes and workplaces. The air purifier has a pedestal mode of installation which makes it extremely convenient to use and install the appliance. The air purifier also has an 8-hour timer function for the convenience of users.
- Air Purifier Type – Room; Purification method – High-Efficiency Particulate Arrestant (HEPA) filter type
- Proven HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Arrestor) dust collection technology for trapping harmful pollutants from the air; Specially treated carbon filter with specially sized pallets for better adsorption properties for odor/foul smell, oxides of Sulphide and Nitrogen, dust, cigarette smoke, etc
- Inbuilt ionizer to improve the air quality and refreshing air in the room; One-touch Child lock feature for safety purposes
- Coverage area: 290 sq. ft. / 27 sq. meters., suitable for bedroom / living room (medium) ;
- Input Power Supply: Single Phase 200-240 V, AC 50/60 Hz, Wattage: 45 watts
Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR): 180 m3/hr;
- Includes: Room air purifier, User manual, and Warranty card
Air purifiers can filter out pollutant air and deliver fresh, clean air for you. You can install them in your living room or bedroom conveniently. These smart air purifiers will do their job consistently. We hope that after reading this article, you are aware of various decision-making factors should be considered before purchasing the best air purifier brand for you. If you like this post, please don’t forget to check out other articles on Home Essentials. Thanks for visiting..!!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Where should we place air purifiers?
Ans: You can keep air purifiers in the living room or bedroom, or wherever you spend most of your time. Air purifiers are also useful in removing the various smells and odors inside the kitchen generated out of cooking environments. But please make sure, you don’t keep air purifiers very near to the fire and gas stoves.
Q2. Is the filter washable in air purifiers?
Answer: Yes, in most of the models, you can wash it and reuse, but best would be to replace the Filter.
Q3. How often should the filters be replaced?
Ans: Well, it depends on the pollution level but according to weather conditions in most of the metro cities, 8 to 12 months is the recommended timeframe, after which you can replace the filters.
Q4. What is the area covered by air purifiers?
Ans: Usually air purifiers deliver their best performance within the covered areas between they cover 250 to 300 sq. feet.