Are you looking for the best kitchen exhaust fans in India? If so, you have come to the right place. This article will provide you with all the information you need about the best kitchen exhaust fans in India and a helpful buying guide.
What are Kitchen Exhaust Fans?
A kitchen exhaust fan is an important appliance in any kitchen. It helps to remove odors, smoke, and heat from the kitchen. Kitchen exhaust fans come in a variety of shapes and sizes. Some are small and can be installed under cabinets or over the stove. Others are larger and must be wall or ceiling-mounted.
Most kitchen exhaust fans have two or three-speed settings. The higher the setting, the more air is moved through the fan. The best way to determine which setting to use is to start at the highest setting and then turn it down until the desired results are achieved.
Some homes have ductwork that can carry the air from the fan directly outside. If this is not an option, make sure to choose a location for the fan that will ventilate the air properly.
Why are exhaust fans a must-have for your home?
The kitchen is the heart of the home and one of the busiest rooms in the house. This is why a good exhaust fan is a must-have in every kitchen. Not only do they help keep the air fresh and free of smoke and odors, but they also prevent grease and moisture from building up on surfaces. It also helps to keep the kitchen cool and comfortable.
Top 5 best kitchen exhaust fans in India
Installation of a kitchen exhaust fan
Installing a kitchen exhaust fan is not as difficult as it may seem. In fact, it is quite easy and can be done in just a few simple steps.
- Find the perfect location for your fans. It should be installed near the stove so that it can effectively remove smoke and odors from the kitchen.
- Mark the drill holes for the mounting bracket. Then, use a drill to create pilot holes in the marked locations.
- Use screws to secure the bracket in place.
What to look for when buying a kitchen exhaust fan
There are many factors to consider when choosing a kitchen exhaust fan, such as size, noise level, and price. However, the most important factor is probably going to be the specific needs of your kitchen.
When it comes to choosing the right size exhaust fan for your kitchen, there are a few things to consider. The size of your kitchen, the type of cooking you do, and the level of ventilation you need will all play a role in selecting the perfect fan for your space.
The size of the fan will determine the amount of air it can move and how effective it will be at removing smoke, odors, and airborne grease particles. Choose a size that will suit your needs and ensure that your kitchen is free of unwanted odors and contaminants. A smaller fan may be all you need for smaller kitchens or those with limited ventilation. These fans are typically less expensive and can be placed near windows or doors to help draw out any stale air.
There are different types of kitchen exhaust fans available in the market. Some of them are:
1. Wall-mounted Exhaust Fans: Wall-mounted exhaust fans are an ideal choice for small kitchens as they save valuable counter or floor space. These fans typically range in size from 6″ to 36″ and can be either surface-mounted or recessed into the wall. Some models include a built-in light for added illumination, while others come with remote control for easy operation.
2. Ceiling-mounted Exhaust Fans: These fans are designed to be mounted on the ceiling and they offer a number of benefits. Firstly, they are more powerful than wall-mounted fans and can move more air. This means that they are better at clearing away smoke and odors from your kitchen. Secondly, they are less likely to be obstructed by furniture or other objects in your kitchen. This makes them ideal for use in larger kitchens where there is more space.
They are usually easier to set up than fans that are mounted on the wall because they don’t need any special brackets or supports. Lastly, ceiling-mounted exhaust fans usually have lights built right in. This makes them a great way to light up your kitchen all at once.
3. Under-cabinet Exhaust Fans: Under-cabinet exhaust fans are a great option for removing smoke from your kitchen. They are installed under the cabinets and help to remove smoke, odors, and grease from the air. These fans are easy to set up and can be a great addition to your kitchen ventilation system.
Airflow is an important consideration when choosing a kitchen exhaust fan. Measured in CFM (cubic feet per minute), it indicates how much air the fan can move. A higher CFM means the fan can move more air, which is important for removing smoke, odors, and heat from your kitchen.
A larger room will require a higher CFM to effectively remove smoke and odors. If you have a smaller kitchen, you may be able to get away with a lower CFM fan. Another factor to consider is the type of cooking you do. If you do a lot of frying or grilling, you’ll need a higher CFM fan to remove all the smoke and odor from your kitchen.
Some exhaust fans can be quite loud, making it difficult to have a conversation or watch television while they are running. There are a few things to keep in mind when considering the noise level of an exhaust fan.
The first thing to consider is the sone rating. This is a measurement of how loud the fan is and is typically given as a range, such as 1-3 sones. A fan with a lower sone rating will be quieter than one with a higher rating.
Another thing to consider is the CFM rating. This stands for cubic feet per minute and measures the airflow of the fan. A higher CFM rating means more air will be moved, which can make the fan louder.
Type of motor
There are two types of motors that can be used to power a fan – an AC motor or a DC motor. Most home appliances use AC motors, which are powered by alternating current and are the most common type of motor. DC motors are powered by direct current and are typically used in industrial applications.
When choosing a kitchen exhaust fan, it is important to consider the type of motor that will be powering the fan. AC motors are more common and typically more affordable than DC motors, but they may not be as durable. DC motors are more expensive, but they tend to be more reliable and have a longer lifespan.
When you are looking for the best kitchen exhaust fan, there are several features that you should keep in mind. One of the most important features is an automatic switch-off function. This will ensure that the fan turns off when it is not needed, saving you energy and money. Another feature to look for is a timer. This will allow you to set the fan to turn off after a certain amount of time, so you don’t have to worry about forgetting to turn it off. Lastly, make sure that the fan is easy to clean so that you can keep it in top condition and avoid any build-up of grease or dirt.
Ducting is an important part of any kitchen exhaust fan installation. Without proper ducting, the fan will not be able to remove all the smoke and odors from the kitchen. There are two types of ducting: rigid and flexible. Rigid ducting is made of metal or PVC and is used for long runs, while flexible ducting is made of aluminum or polyurethane and is used for shorter runs. Both types of ducting must be properly insulated to prevent heat loss.
You’ll want to consider the look of the fan as well. Does it match your kitchen’s decor? Will it fit into the overall aesthetic? Finding an exhaust fan that looks good is just as important as finding one that works properly. There are many different styles available on the market, so it is essential to find one that will fit in with the overall look of your kitchen.
A kitchen exhaust fan can range from a few hundred to a few thousand rupees. The price depends on its features and capabilities. The most expensive fans usually have the highest capacity and best features. However, there are many good-quality fans available at lower prices.
Maintenance needed for kitchen exhaust fan
Any product we use in our homes needs to be maintained from time to time so it can function properly and last a long time. The kitchen exhaust fan is no different. Here are a few tips on how to maintain your kitchen exhaust fan:
1. Regularly clean the fan blades with soapy water or a vinegar solution. This will help prevent the buildup of grease and dirt which can lead to the fan blades becoming unbalanced and noisy.
2. Disassemble the fan and clean all of its parts, including the motor, once a year. This will help keep your fan running smoothly and quietly. Tighten any loose screws on the fan on a regular basis, as they can become loose over time and cause vibration noise.
3. If your fan is hard-wired into the home’s fuse box, have an electrician check it annually to make sure everything is working properly. If your exhaust fan has a light, check the bulb regularly to make sure it’s not burned out.
4. If your exhaust fan is vented outside, check the screens to make sure they are not clogged with leaves or debris. It’s always a good idea to have your fan serviced by a professional at least once a year. This will help make sure everything is working properly and will also help keep you safe from potential fire hazards.
The best kitchen exhaust fans in India are those that suit your needs the most. Be sure to take into account the size of your kitchen, the type of fan you need, and your budget when making your decision. With so many options on the market, there is sure to be a perfect fit for you. Happy shopping!