Washing dishes can be challenging, especially if you cook traditional Indian food. Thanks to the technology that brought dishwashers to our kitchen.
Dishwashers have become very popular these days, and you only need to scrape the extra food before placing your dishes in the washer. Most of these dishwashers have features created for the conditions of Indian cooking.
Best Electric Dishwasher Reviews
1. Voltas Beko 8-Place Table-Top Dishwasher
The Voltas is the best dishwasher brand that offers 6 wash programs for efficient washing of dishes.
The design of the dishwasher ensures the possibility of washing a wide range of dishes while the easy electronic control with a push-touchpad gives you a perfect experience.
The dishwasher is not only extremely energy and water-efficient but is also very easy to use. Moreover, its compact design makes it easier fit-in to any kitchen.
- 8 Place Setting: Can fit up to 96 vessels. One place setting consists of a dinner plate, dessert plate, single glass, soup bowl, teacup with saucer, knife, spoons, and fork. Adjustable upper shelf to create space for large utensils at the bottom.
- 6 wash programs: Intensive, normal, eco, glassware, clean & shine, Mini 30 program. Suitable for all kinds of utensils in the Indian kitchen including stainless steel, ceramic, etc. Water Consumption: 8 ltr per cycle.
- Intensive 70C – for heavily soiled crockery (like Kadhai) provides superior and hygienic cleaning using powerful water jets and high temperature | Normal – for normally soiled loads
- ECO – a special program for saving water and electricity | Glassware – for lightly soiled crockery and glass
Clean & shine- Provides superior washing and drying of lightly soiled crockery and glassware | Mini 30 program- a quick wash for lightly soiled loads that do not need drying
- Compact Size: It is made to fit into any kitchen easily, without cramping up the floor.
2. IFB Neptune VX Fully Electronic Dishwasher
With 12-place settings and a half-load option, the Neptune VX dishwasher allows you to wash just about any kitchen utensil.
Moreover, it has a water-softening device to ensure your glassware is sparkling clean. It has got smartly designed hi-tech control panel and a stunning finish that combines aesthetics and functionality, blending into your kitchen decor with elegant ease.
Neptune’s steam drying feature ensures perfect drying of utensils without any marks, drops or streaks, even when you choose a short program.
With its super adjustable racks, you get flexibility on your side to adjust the racks or shift shelves through the height-adjustable notches to accommodate all kinds of utensils, crockery, and cutlery.
The IFB Dishwasher has been designed to accommodate your tall glasses, small cups, big pans, cutlery, and various dishes.
Make maximum use of space with fold racks and baskets that can be shifted.
Its auto-intensive functionality removes stubborn stains, with a pre-wash at 60° C and then a thorough wash at 70° C. A three-stage rinsing process ensures perfect cleaning.
- Energy Consumption: 0.9 kWh
- 12 place settings capacity
- Maximum Power: 2.2 kW, Power Supply220 – 240V, Single Phase15, 50HZ
- Noise Level – 49 dB (A)
- 2 wash arms, quick wash allows washing dishes faster
- Consumes less water, detergent, and electricity for washing dishes.
3. Bosch 13-Place Settings Dishwasher
This fully automatic dishwasher comes with 4 wash programs and 1 special option of half-load wash.
Bosch dishwasher cleans utensils at 65°C, giving the most hygienic wash. Its ecoSilence drive mechanism is powerful, durable, quiet, and efficient, ensuring low power consumption and high cleaning efficiency.
It also works without brushes and ensures top results. It’s innovative magnet technology works without friction for virtually wear-free operation. It has adjustable racks to accommodate big Indian utensils -kadhai, cooker, pots, pans, etc.
Another reason we included Bosch in the list of best dishwasher brands is that it efficiently cleans dishes, saving water and electricity.
With its smart load sensor technology, it uses only the required water quantity while giving you a perfect wash. Also, the AquaStop functionality detects the leakage and quickly stops the water flow.
This prevents damage to any part of the machine due to water leakage and at the same time, ensures to maintain cleanliness in the house.
- 4 wash programs, Rust-free interior, High Quality and reliable washing
- 12 place setting: Suitable for large families
- Water consumption: 14L; energy consumption: 1.02 kwh
- Hygienic wash at 65 degree Celsius, 4 wash programs, and 1 special option of half load wash
- Load sensor and detergent automation, Eco silence drive
- Glass protection technology
4. LG 14 Place Settings Wi-Fi Dishwasher
LG True Steam Dishwashers are sleek and modern, giving your kitchen a smarter look. It is a multi-featured and advanced dishwasher.
Significant features include True Steam and Quad Wash, where you get clean dishes with fewer water spots. The TrueSteam made by boiling water reaches the entire surface of every dish inside the tub, resulting in sparkling clean dishes.
Using multi-motion spray arms and high-pressure jets that ensure cleaning from every angle, QuadWash provides maximum coverage to get things clean the first time.
LG Dishwasher offers easy loading of dishes & maximum flexibility in the racking system. It’s 14-place setting lets you clean various utensils in one go. This saves a lot of your time and improves work efficiency in the kitchen.
LG’s Inverter Direct Drive Motor offers quiet and reliable operation. It is highly recommended for cleaning of dishes with oil and masala stains, which also makes it perfect for the Indian kitchen.
- 9 Wash programs: True Steam, Quad Wash, Dual Wash, Quite, Turbo, Auto, Eco, Gentle, Quick
- Suitable for all kinds of utensils in the Indian kitchen including stainless steel, ceramic, etc.
- Special features: Four washing arms, Multi-directional rotation, Foldable tines, Easy height adjustment, Smooth Operation, Turbo cycle, Dual-zone wash
- Half load, Machine Clean Reminder, Smart Diagnosis, Personalized settings, Minimalist Exterior Design, Elegant interior design
- Low noise level: 44 dB for a disturbance-free wash
- Easy to use button controls: On and off, delay start, extra drying, start/pause
- 14 place settings: lets you clean various kinds of utensils at one go
- Suitable for larger families
5. Siemens 12 Place Settings Dishwasher
Siemens 12 Place Settings Dishwasher is a SpeedMatic dishwasher that delivers clean results quickly with newly improved wash programs.
It has 6 programs, 4 options, intensive 70 deg prog for heavily soiled utensils, half load program, and foldable racks. It offers more space for loading with the varioFlex rack with folding levels and tines.
The wear-free iQdrive motor is very efficient, quiet, and long-lasting. It consumes less energy and yet achieves identical performance.
This Siemens dishwasher offers antibacterial dishwashing by eliminating up to 99.99% of all bacteria and germs.
In Automatic programs, a hydro sensor monitors the soiling of the water. It controls the amount and time of the water supply and the cleaning temperature to achieve the optimum result with as little energy and water as possible.
- 12 Place Setting: Suitable for families with up to 6 members. One place setting consists of a dinner plate, dessert plate, single glass, soup bowl, teacup with saucer, knife, spoons, and fork.
- 6 wash programs
- Manufacturer Warranty: 2 year comprehensive warranty on the product
- Noise Level: 52 dB
- 6 programs, 4 options, intensive 70 deg prog for heavily soiled utensils, half load program, foldable racks
- Eco silence drive: Top shower, aqua-sensor, and load sensor
- Inner tub: Polinox, dosage assist basket, and glass care system
Benefits of Using a Dishwasher
1. Saves Time and Effort
One of the primary benefits of using a dishwasher is that it saves time and effort. Washing dishes by hand can be time-consuming and labour-intensive, especially if you have a large family or entertain frequently.
A dishwasher can wash and dry a load of dishes in a fraction of the time it would take to wash them by hand.
2. More Efficient Than Washing by Hand
Dishwashers are also more efficient than washing dishes by hand. They use less water and energy than washing dishes by hand, which can save you money on your utility bills.
According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), using a dishwasher can save up to 5,000 gallons of water per year compared to washing dishes by hand.
3. Improves Hygiene
Using a dishwasher can also improve hygiene in your kitchen. Dishwashers use high temperatures and powerful detergents to kill bacteria and other germs on your dishes. This can help to prevent the spread of illness and keep your family healthy.
4. Reduces Breakage and Damage
Washing dishes by hand can be rough on your dishes, especially if you are using abrasive sponges or scrubbers. Dishwashers are designed to be gentle on your dishes, which can reduce breakage and damage.
They also have special racks and compartments to securely hold your dishes in place, preventing them from moving around and getting damaged during the wash cycle.
5. Saves Water and Energy
As mentioned, using a dishwasher can save water and energy compared to washing dishes by hand.
Dishwashers use less water and energy than washing dishes by hand, saving you money on utility bills. They also use less detergent than washing dishes by hand, saving you money on cleaning supplies.
6. Provides Convenience
Using a dishwasher provides convenience, especially if you have a busy lifestyle. You can load the dishwasher and let it run while you attend to other tasks, such as cooking or spending time with your family.
This can save you time and effort and make your life easier.
7. Environmentally Friendly
Using a dishwasher is also environmentally friendly. As mentioned earlier, dishwashers use less water and energy than washing dishes by hand, which can reduce your carbon footprint.
They also use less detergent than washing dishes by hand, which can reduce the amount of chemicals that are released into the environment.
Things to Consider While Buying a Dishwasher
1. Size and Capacity
The first thing to consider while buying a dishwasher is its size and capacity. Dishwashers come in different sizes, and you must choose one that fits your kitchen space.
Measure where to install the dishwasher and choose a model that fits the space. The capacity of the dishwasher is also an important factor to consider.
If you have a large family or entertain guests frequently, you may need a dishwasher with a larger capacity. A standard dishwasher can hold up to 12 place settings, while larger models can hold up to 16.
2. Types of Dishwashers
Different dishwashers are available in the market, and you need to choose one that suits your needs. The most common types of dishwashers are:
- Built-in Dishwashers: These are the most common dishwashers designed to be installed under the kitchen counter. They are available in different sizes and can be customized to fit your kitchen space.
- Portable Dishwashers: These freestanding dishwashers can be moved around the kitchen. They are ideal for small kitchens or apartments where there is limited space.
- Countertop Dishwashers: These are compact dishwashers that can be placed on the kitchen countertop. They are ideal for small households or single individuals.
3. Energy Efficiency
Energy efficiency is an important factor to consider when buying a dishwasher. Look for a dishwasher with an Energy Star rating, which means it meets the energy efficiency guidelines set by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
An Energy Star-rated dishwasher can save you money on your energy bills and reduce your carbon footprint.
4. Noise Level
Dishwashers can be noisy, and if you have an open-plan kitchen or a small apartment, you may want to consider a dishwasher with a low noise level.
Look for a dishwasher with a noise level of 45 decibels or lower. Some dishwashers come with a noise-reduction feature that makes them even quieter.
5. Wash Cycles and Options
Dishwashers come with different wash cycles and options; you must choose one that suits your needs. The most common wash cycles are:
- Normal Wash: This is the standard wash cycle suitable for everyday use.
- Heavy Wash: This cycle is designed for heavily soiled dishes, pots, and pans.
- Quick Wash: This cycle is designed for lightly soiled dishes and can complete a wash cycle in 30 minutes or less.
- Rinse Only: This cycle is designed to rinse dishes before a full wash cycle.
Some dishwashers come with additional options, such as:
- Sanitize: This option uses high-temperature water to kill bacteria and sanitize dishes.
- Delay Start: This option allows you to delay the start of the wash cycle.
- Half Load: This option allows you to wash a smaller load of dishes.
Dishwashers come in different price ranges, and you must choose one that fits your budget. The price of a dishwasher depends on its size, capacity, features, and brand. Look for a dishwasher with good value for money and the features you need.
7. Brand and Warranty
Choose a dishwasher from a reputable brand that offers a good warranty. A good warranty will give you peace of mind and protect your investment. Look for a brand with a good reputation for quality and customer service.
Tips for Maintenance of a Dishwasher
Maintaining your dishwasher is essential to ensure that it continues to work efficiently and lasts for a long time. Here are some tips for maintaining your dishwasher:
Clean the Dishwasher Regularly
Wipe down the dishwasher’s interior with a damp cloth to remove any food particles or debris. You can also run a cycle with a dishwasher cleaner to remove any buildup. This will help prevent clogs and ensure the dishwasher works efficiently.
Check the Spray Arms
Ensure the spray arms are not clogged with food particles or debris. You can remove the spray arms and clean them with a toothbrush or small brush. This will ensure the water is distributed evenly and the dishes are cleaned properly.
Clean the Filter
Most dishwashers have a filter that needs to be cleaned regularly. Check your owner’s manual for instructions on removing and cleaning the filter. A dirty filter can cause the dishwasher to work less efficiently and may lead to clogs.
Check the Seals
Make sure that the door seals are clean and free of debris. If the seals are damaged or worn, they may need to be replaced. Damaged seals can cause leaks and may lead to water damage.
Run Hot Water Before Starting the Dishwasher
To ensure the dishwasher works properly, run hot water in the sink before starting the dishwasher. This will ensure that the water entering the dishwasher is hot enough to clean the dishes properly. Hot water also helps to dissolve detergent and remove food particles.
Summary – best dishwasher in India
Dishwashers became popular in India in a very short span. These are a saviour if you have a busy schedule and tight workloads.
The best dishwasher in India saves our time and effort by automating the most tedious and dirty job of washing dishes. Here in this article, we review the best dishwasher brands in the Indian market.
You can choose the dishwasher model based on your budget and requirements. Just make sure to use techniques recommended by manufacturers while using those dishwashers.
The user manual that comes along with those dishwashers is of great help in this regard.
If you like this article, share it with your family and friends. You can also visit our other posts on Home Appliances and Smart Kitchen Design. Here at kitchenweaver.com, we will keep bringing more informative articles for you in the future. Thank you.