Pigeon is a great choice if you’re looking for a reliable and efficient induction cooktop. Known for their high-quality kitchen appliances, Pigeon has become popular among home cooks.
This article will provide a comprehensive buying guide and reviews of the best Pigeon induction cooktops. Whether you’re a seasoned chef or a beginner, we’ll help you make an informed decision with our detailed analysis and maintenance tips.
- Pigeon induction cooktops offer advanced technology for convenience and ease of use.
- They have fast heating capabilities, allowing for quick and efficient cooking.
- Pigeon induction cooktops come with auto-off timers for safety and energy efficiency.
- Temperature control and preset menus simplify cooking, ensuring precise cooking results.
What is an induction cooktop, and how does it work?
An induction cooktop is a kitchen appliance that uses electromagnetic technology to heat cookware directly. It generates an electromagnetic field that interacts with the magnetic material of the cookware, causing it to heat up.
This technology offers several advantages over traditional gas or electric cooktops.
Induction cooktops are highly efficient, heating up quickly and distributing heat evenly. They also provide precise temperature control, allowing for more accurate cooking.
In terms of safety, induction cooktops are a great choice as they only heat the cookware, reducing the risk of burns.
Also, they are energy-efficient, making them an eco-friendly option. When choosing an induction cooktop, consider factors like the number of burners, power levels, and additional features such as timers and child lock functions to find one that suits your cooking needs.
Why pigeon is a popular choice for home cooks
Pigeon cooktops have become popular among home cooks due to their excellent performance and reliable features.
These induction cooktops are designed to provide efficient and precise cooking, making them a preferred choice in many kitchens.
One of the main reasons why home cooks favour pigeon induction cooktops is their advanced technology.
These cooktops offer convenience and ease of use with features like auto-off timers, temperature control, and preset menus.
Pigeon cooktops are known for their fast heating capabilities, allowing for quick and efficient cooking.
|Advanced technology||Convenient and easy to use|
|Fast heating||Quick and efficient cooking|
|Auto-off timers||Ensures safety and energy efficiency|
|Temperature control||Allows for precise cooking|
|Preset menus||Simplifies cooking process|
Top Pigeon Induction Cooktops
Regarding Pigeon induction cooktops, several options offer excellent performance and features.
These cooktops provide a range of options for different needs and budgets, ensuring that you can find the perfect fit for your kitchen.
Pigeon by Stovekraft Cruise 1800-watt Induction Cooktop
The Pigeon by Stovekraft Cruise 1800-watt Induction Cooktop is popular among users. It offers a range of features and performance capabilities that make it stand out.
The cooktop has a 7-segment LED display for easy monitoring of power and temperature settings.
It also has high-grade electricals for safety and a durable top plate that can withstand high temperatures.
With a smart timer and manual temperature control, users can enjoy hands-free and customized cooking. The cooktop is energy-saving and environmentally friendly with its 93-percent energy-saving technology.
Pigeon By Stovekraft 14429 Acer Plus 1800 Watt Induction Cooktop
The Pigeon By Stovekraft 14429 Acer Plus 1800 Watt Induction Cooktop is a popular choice among Pigeon induction cooktops.
It offers efficient and convenient cooking with its feather touch control and 1800-watt power consumption. The cooktop features 8 preset menus, an LED display for temperature indication, and a smart timer for hands-free cooking.
This induction cooktop has safety features like a preset timer with an auto switch off and a high-grade electrical system for protection against short circuits.
With its versatility and durable top plate, this cooktop is suitable for various cooking purposes, such as making dosa, roti, deep fry, idli, heating milk, and making curry. It comes with a 1.25-meter cord length and a 1-year warranty on manufacturing defects.
Pigeon by Stovekraft Copper Coil Rapido Cute Induction Cooktop
The Pigeon by Stovekraft Copper Coil Rapido Cute Induction Cooktop is a popular choice among induction cooktops. It offers a sleek and elegant design in black, adding sophistication to any kitchen.
The cooktop is equipped with a user-friendly push-button control panel for easy operation. With 7 Indian preset menus, cooking your favourite dishes becomes even simpler.
With a power output of 1800 Watts, it ensures quick and efficient cooking. Safety features include a dual heat sensor and automatic shut-off. The cooktop comes with a 1-year warranty.
Pigeon by Stovekraft Rapido Sleek 2100 watts Induction Cooktop
The Pigeon by Stovekraft Rapido Sleek Induction Cooktop is a popular choice among Pigeon induction cooktops.
Its sleek design and powerful performance offer convenience and efficiency in the kitchen. With feather touch control and 8 preset menus, cooking is made easy with just a touch of a button.
The smart timer function allows for hands-free cooking, while the 2100-watt power consumption ensures quick and efficient heating.
The stainless steel manual electric cooktop with 1 burner adds durability and a modern look to any kitchen. It also comes with a 1-year warranty.
Pigeon Basic Induction Cooktop 1200 W
The Pigeon Basic Induction Cooktop 1200 W is a reliable choice among Pigeon induction cooktops. With its 1200 W power, this cooktop offers efficient heating and cooking performance.
It features an auto-shut-off function for safety, a soft push button, and a 7-segment LED display for easy control. The cooktop is equipped with high-grade electrical protection against short circuits and has a durable top plate that can withstand high temperatures.
The smart timer allows for hands-free cooking, and the 1.3-meter cord provides flexibility in placement.
All-in-all, the Pigeon Basic Induction Cooktop 1200 W is a reliable and efficient option for everyday cooking needs.
Top things to consider while buying an Induction cooktop
When buying an induction cooktop, it’s crucial to consider a few key factors. First, check the power consumption levels to ensure it aligns with your energy efficiency goals.
Make sure your existing cookware is compatible with the induction technology. Consider the heating efficiency, speed, and safety features like automatic shut-off and child lock.
Evaluate the usability of the control panel for easy operation and settings adjustment. By considering these factors, you can make an informed decision and choose the right induction cooktop for your needs.
Power Consumption Levels
When purchasing an induction cooktop, it is crucial to consider the power consumption level. The power consumption can vary based on size, features, and brand. Here are a few factors to keep in mind:
- Energy Efficiency: Look for an induction cooktop that effectively uses power and minimizes wastage.
- Power Levels: Consider the range of power levels offered, as it allows for precise control over cooking temperatures.
- Power Management Features: Some cooktops have power management features like automatic shut-off or power boost, which can help save energy.
Cookware Compatibility Requirements
When purchasing an induction cooktop, it’s important to consider the cookware compatibility requirements for optimal performance.
Induction cooktops heat the cookware directly through an electromagnetic field, so it’s crucial to use cookware made from ferrous materials like stainless steel or cast iron.
Non-ferrous materials like aluminium, copper, and glass won’t work unless they have a magnetic layer on the bottom.
Matching the size and shape of the cookware to the induction cooking zone ensures even heating and efficient energy usage.
Heating Efficiency and Speed
Assessing the heating efficiency and speed is essential when choosing an induction cooktop for optimal performance.
Induction cooktops are popular for their quick heating capabilities, making them a favourite among home cooks and professional chefs.
Factors to consider regarding heating efficiency and speed:
- Power Output: Look for an induction cooktop with high power output as it determines how quickly it can heat food and bring liquids to a boil.
- Heat Distribution: Check if the cooktop provides even heat distribution across the cooking surface to ensure your food is cooked evenly without any hot spots.
- Heat Control: Consider a cooktop with precise heat control settings, allowing you to adjust the temperature accurately and have more control over your cooking process.
Safety Features Included
Ensuring user safety is crucial when purchasing an induction cooktop. One important safety feature to consider is the auto shut-off function, which turns off the cooktop after an inactivity, preventing accidents and saving energy.
Child lock safety features are also essential to prevent children from unintentionally operating the cooktop.
Overheating protection automatically shuts off the cooktop if the temperature exceeds a certain limit, safeguarding both the cookware and the cooktop.
Residual heat indicators are another important feature that alerts users when the surface is still hot even after turning off the cooktop.
These safety features provide peace of mind during cooking.
Control Panel Usability
When assessing the usability of a control panel on an induction cooktop, it’s crucial to evaluate how easy it is for users to adjust settings and navigate through different functions.
A user-friendly control panel can greatly enhance the cooking experience, making it simpler to achieve precise temperature control.
Key factors to consider here are:
- Layout and Design: The control panel should have a clear layout with well-labelled buttons and indicators, ensuring readability even in low-light conditions.
- Responsive Touch Controls: A touch control panel that responds quickly and accurately to adjustments in temperature and power levels is essential for effortless operation.
- Intuitive Navigation: The control panel should offer intuitive navigation with logical menus and functions, allowing users to easily switch between cooking modes and access additional features like timers and child locks.
Size and Design Options
When purchasing an induction cooktop, it is important to explore the size and design options. The size of the cooktop is crucial as it determines the number of burners and cooking space available.
Consider your specific cooking needs and kitchen size before making a decision. Additionally, choose a design that complements your kitchen decor and personal style.
Induction cooktops come in various designs, from sleek and minimalist to more traditional styles.
Look for practical features like easy-to-clean surfaces and intuitive control panels. Ultimately, the size and design should align with your requirements and preferences.
Noise Levels Produced
When purchasing an induction cooktop, it’s crucial to consider the noise levels it produces. A noisy cooktop can be disruptive, especially in open-plan kitchens.
To ensure a peaceful cooking experience, choose a cooktop with minimal noise levels. Here are three key points to keep in mind:
- Silent Operation: Look for induction cooktops designed to operate quietly. These models use noise reduction technology, such as sound-absorbing materials and vibration dampeners.
- Fan Noise: Induction cooktops have built-in cooling fans to prevent overheating. Opt for cooktops with quiet fans that operate at low noise levels, creating a peaceful cooking environment.
- Customer Reviews: Before making a purchase, read customer reviews to gauge the noise levels of the cooktop. Real-life experiences provide valuable insights for making an informed decision.
Price Range and Budget
To make an informed decision on purchasing an induction cooktop, carefully evaluate the price range and budget.
This will ensure you get the best value for your investment. Induction cooktops come in a wide range of prices, so it’s crucial to establish your budget before starting your search.
Consider your cooking needs and habits when determining your budget, as higher-end models may have advanced features that are unnecessary for everyone.
Also, factor in the long-term costs of using an induction cooktop, such as energy efficiency and maintenance.
Remember that a higher price doesn’t always guarantee better quality and performance. Thoroughly research and compare options within your budget to find the best induction cooktop that meets your specific requirements.
Tips for Maintenance
Proper maintenance is crucial for the longevity and optimal performance of your Pigeon induction cooktop.
To keep it in top shape, follow the recommended cleaning dos and don’ts, prevent common issues, and establish a regular maintenance routine.
It’s equally important to know the cleaning products that can potentially damage the cooktop’s surface.
Cleaning Dos and Don’ts
When cleaning and maintaining your Pigeon induction cooktop, it’s crucial to follow the proper dos and don’ts for optimal performance and longevity.
- Use gentle cleaners: Avoid harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaning tools that can damage the surface. Instead, use mild dish soap and a soft cloth or sponge for regular cleaning.
- Avoid using metal utensils: It’s best to use cookware with a flat, smooth bottom to prevent scratching the glass surface.
- Clean spills immediately: Wipe up spills and stains promptly to prevent them from baking on the cooktop surface.
Preventing Common Issues
Proper maintenance is crucial for preventing common issues and ensuring optimal performance of your Pigeon induction cooktop.
To keep your cooktop in excellent condition, follow these simple tips.
- After each use, start by cleaning the surface with a soft cloth or sponge and mild detergent.
- Avoid abrasive cleaners that can scratch the surface.
- Avoid placing heavy or hot objects directly on the cooktop to prevent damage. Instead, use trivets or heat-resistant pads.
- Make sure your cookware is compatible with induction cooking to avoid uneven heating or damage.
- Regularly check the power cord for any damage, and avoid using the cooktop if it is frayed or worn.
Longevity and Care
To ensure the longevity of your Pigeon induction cooktop, regular care and maintenance are crucial. Follow these simple tips to keep your cooktop in excellent condition for years to come:
- Clean regularly: After each use, wipe down the surface to remove spills and stains. Avoid abrasive cleaners that can harm the glass top.
- Avoid overheating: Never leave an empty or dry pan on the cooktop as it can cause overheating and damage the surface. Opt for cookware with flat bottoms for even heat distribution.
- Inspect and repair: Regularly check the cooktop for any signs of damage or wear. If you notice any issues like loose knobs or cracked glass, contact a professional for repairs.
Cleaning Products to Avoid
To keep your Pigeon induction cooktop in great condition, it’s crucial to use the right cleaning products.
While it may be tempting to use strong chemicals or abrasive cleaners, these can damage the surface. Avoid harsh chemicals like bleach, ammonia, or oven cleaners, as they can cause discolouration and scratching.
Instead, choose gentle, non-abrasive cleaners specifically made for induction cooktops. These cleaners effectively remove grease, food residue, and stains without causing harm.
Use a soft cloth or sponge to avoid scratching. By using proper cleaning products and techniques, you can ensure your Pigeon induction cooktop stays sleek and performs well for years to come.
Regular Maintenance Routine
To maintain the performance and longevity of your Pigeon induction cooktop, it’s important to follow a consistent maintenance routine.
- Clean regularly: After each use, wipe the cooktop surface with a damp cloth to remove spills and stains. Avoid using abrasive cleaners that can scratch the surface.
- Check for damage: Regularly inspect the cooktop for signs of wear or damage, such as cracks or loose parts. If you notice any issues, contact a professional for repairs.
- Use compatible cookware: Ensure that the cookware you use is suitable for induction cooking. Avoid using pots and pans with uneven or warped bottoms, as they can damage the cooktop.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can an Induction Cooktop Be Used With Any Cookware?
Yes, induction cooktops can be used with any cookware as long as the cookware is compatible with induction heating. The cookware must have a magnetic bottom to work effectively on an induction cooktop.
Are Induction Cooktops Energy-Efficient Compared to Other Types of Stovetops?
Induction cooktops are known for their energy efficiency compared to other types of stovetops. They use electromagnetic fields to directly heat the cookware, resulting in less heat loss and faster cooking times. This can lead to significant energy savings in the long run.
Can Induction Cooktops Be Installed in Any Kitchen, or Do They Require Special Electrical Requirements?
Induction cooktops can be installed in any kitchen, but they may require special electrical requirements. These cooktops use electromagnetic fields to heat the cookware directly, so they need a dedicated circuit and a compatible power source.
Are There Any Safety Precautions That Need to Be Taken While Using an Induction Cooktop?
Safety precautions should always be taken while using any induction cooktop. These may include ensuring the cookware is compatible with induction cooking, keeping the cooktop clean and free of any obstructions, and following the manufacturer’s instructions for safe operation.
How Does the Price of a Pigeon Induction Cooktop Compare to Other Brands in the Market?
The price of a Pigeon induction cooktop may vary compared to other brands in the market. Factors such as features, size, and overall quality can influence the price, making it necessary to compare different options before purchasing.